Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: bedding review

  1. #1
    Inactive Member acorniv's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I coded the doll bedding that is on sale. I'd never even have noticed it had I not read a post here that someone else got it. Thanks!

    Today it arrived - interesting assortment:

    You get two top sheets, but no bottom. Two pillow cases a comforter that is floral on one side and a shirting stripe on the other. And a flower shaped pillow.

    We were thinking of these for Kit. The green trim works with her bed, and she'd have had white sheets (I own pink handkerchief linen ones from that era but such things were very rare and these belonged to a very wealthy person). I bet most kids today don't even know it used to be white white or white linens!

    These should be very nice for Kit. The green/blue matches her chenille bedspread, and the green tim matches her bed. The comforter on the striped side is very Kit looking. I was not expecting two sheets or two pillow cases, but did hope to get a bottom sheet. I like that I have two pillow cases for when Kit has her bed folded out. Pillow is cute, but I will embroider it with an old fashioned flower to make it look more 1930's.

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] ,
    but coded and on sale [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Popsie

  2. #2
    Inactive Member HansenPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    I got this set also with the code for Kit's bed as well. I thought it was great the way the spread is big enough to cover Kit's bed when it's open. Or at least it looks like it will (don't have Kit's bed yet). It's on my list for AGPC in October.

    Pattie [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gmommy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2004
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love this set too---what a great buy, especially with the code, but certainly worth buying post-code! I just love Kit's bed (I use it for Molly), so on it I have the two sheets, pillowcase and throw pillow from the floral bedding sale set and the chenille spread and throw pillow from Kit's bedding set. It all matches beautifully. The quality is OUTSTANDING I think.

    Karla

  4. #4
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    I was expecting a little more as well, but for the price, they were well worth it. Thanks for posting the review [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Kim

  5. #5
    Inactive Member acorniv's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    By all means, buy Kit's bed - it is wonderful!

    I put the sheets on her (folded shut) bed and on Addy's after posting me review and I'm very pleased. Had to drag DH in to see. He prefers coded things if he sees them in use instead of seeing arriving boxes [img]wink.gif[/img]

    The colors are perfect and that little pillow is going to be adorable when I get a flower that looks like the one on her bed embroidered on it. It will have lots of french knots like they did then. My dd has several 1930's pillows made exactly like this - a flat shape with (usually green) piping, and then an embroidered figure. She has a scotty, a rabbit and a chick. on her own mint green 1930's bed with painted flowers. Kit will be pleased!

    Kit's bedroom is coming along nicely. I found a lovely book case with an eyebrow ( curved) top that has the same proportions as the curve in her bed. I think of her as the most bookish of the bunch, so I am glad she got to play librarian for all the girls. I am going to paint it the same green and there is a place to paint the same flowers from her bed. I gave Felicity her bedside table ( I always liked it better for her, and I missed out on F's table).

    Kit has Kirstens desk as a bedside table and it lends the perfect rustic quality, plus holds her lamp and book or pad of paper and pencil better than her own table did.

    Another furniture shift -

    I have a second one of Kit's bedside tables that we use next to the (Felicity's) table in the dining room. It holds silverwear and napkins in the drawers and a pitcher or carafe or bowl of fruit in a convenient place on the top. Felicity likes to put her table runner on it, as the fit is just right, and she uses a lace napkin as a table cloth.

    Popsie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •